Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

1:06 PM

Under Siege

I have been caught off guard and unprotected. This is why the Lord commands us in Ephesians chapter 6 to put on the armor of God. I guess I got so caught up in my own little world of what God has been up to with me lately, that I forgot my adversary is lurking about seeking that which he can devour and destroy. So now, I've been pounced on and it hurts.

I find myself in familiar territory though. This is not the first time I've been attacked and won't be the last if I'm not swept away to heaven soon. So I shouldn't be surprised. However, I was caught off guard and it jolted me back to reality. Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." I forgot this truth and it resulted in chaos and confusion in my heart and mind. No longer do I have a well defined problem, but a ball of chaos that has swept me away like a tumbleweed in the lonely desert.

Now what?

Well, being this is not unfamiliar territory, I start with the simple stuff. Who am I? What is God's ultimate purpose? What is going on? How am I going to respond to what is happening? When I begin answering those questions with honesty and biblical truth, I stop feeling so out of control. I begin to see clearly and know I can take the next step without fear of feeling even more lost than before. I regain my footing and direction....my sanity even! :D I am so thankful for the Lord who gives me answers to questions, who gives me guidance, who can be found every time I seek Him when I seek him with all my heart!

Lord, you know all that is happening and how it fits into your perfect plan. I know you work all things for the good of those called according to your purpose and that your plans for me are not to harm me, but to prosper me and give me a hope and a future. I can't see the big picture, but I trust your Hand and plead for your closeness and guidance. Please keep my tongue still unless what I speak benefits the hearer. Please keep my heart quiet with your peace which surpasses all understanding. Please forgive me for forgetting my battle gear...the armor you have given me. I forgot about the enemy that seeks to steal, kill and destroy. I let my guard down and got self-focused. The world is not just about my journey with you, but the journey for all of us that you are writing. The "big picture" is about you and your glory and being in Your Holy presence for eternity. I'm sorry I got so caught up in the now and didn't look up again to get the eternal perspective. Now that I'm aware of the attacks, I'm running to the refuge I find in You and You alone...my Rock, my Fortress, my comfort in times like these. Thank you for being my Savior, my Protector, and my Guide. I love you Father. You are so....wonderful! Thank you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sister Shannon.

Bob