Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

8:56 PM

Out of the Mouth of Babes

There are times when it seems that our kids say just the thing we wish they hadn't said or just the thing we never expected them to say! Today, my son had many, many words for me. And by far, the best came at the end of the night.

After picking up my brother from his interview, I needed to drive by and make a deposit at the bank. It just so happens that the bank is right next to Sonic Drive In and Braum's. At the sight of the restaurants, Jonathan says, "I'm hungry." To which I replied (as any good mother does this late at night when money is tight), "You can eat when we get home. We have food at home."


To which my dear Jonathan replied, "But that's bad food mommy. I want good food."

OUCH!!

Guess my son isn't too fond of my cooking! But my brother assured me that my pot roast tonight was DELICIOUS! So I leave it as "out of the mouth of babes"...

0 comments: