Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

7:52 AM

A Journey of Character

I was blessed with a helpful resource that lists character qualities and the corresponding definition and encouraging bible verse. Since God has been walking me through this journey of becoming a better wife and mother, I am very excited about this resource! Out of 30 character qualities, I asked God to show me the ones I need the most work on. So I now have a list of 10 that I endeavor to work on and pray for through the scriptures given.


Here is my list:

1) Acceptance - deliberate and ready reception with a favorable response; to receive someone unconditionally and willingly (Romans 15:7)


2) Contentment - enjoying present possessions rather than desiring new or additional ones; being happy regardless of circumstances (1 Tim 6:6)


3) Deference - limiting my freedom to not offend those God has called me to serve. (Romans 14:13)


4) Diligence - seeing every taks as an assignment from the Lord and applying energy and concentration to accomplish it (Colo 3:23-24)


5) Initiative - taking steps to seek after God with our whole heart; giving first rather than waiting for other to give (Luke 6:38)


6) Loyalty - adopting as your own the wishes and goals of those you are serving (Col 3:22)


7) Meekness - yielding our rights and possessions to God; being willing to earn the right to be heard rather than demanding a hearing (1 Peter 5:6)


8) Punctuality - showing esteem for other people and their time by not keeping them waiting (Phil 2:3-4)


9) Security - entrusting our needs and expectations to Christ based upon His eternal Word (1 Pet 5:7, Phil 4:6-7)


10) Self-Control - identifying and obeying the promptings of the Holy Spirit, bringing our thoughts, words, and actions under the control of the Holy Spirit (Eph 5:18)


I am so excited to start praying these scriptures for my life and asking God to change and mold me more into the likeness of His Son! I began with Acceptance this morning, praying God would use the example of Jesus' acceptance of me so that I can and will readily accept others and give a favorable response to those around me. I so struggle with that because I so struggle with being judgemental and holding expectations over people. I have a comfort zone in the social circle that I have a hard time getting out of. But I am excited to see what God does in my heart now that I'm praying His word in Romans 15:7 so that I can demonstrate godly acceptance. :D

0 comments: