Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

7:28 AM

Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 9

"...be swift to hear, slow to speak..." James 1:19b

Wow...like a few other verses, this one targets my biggest weakness - my mouth! How I long to be swift to hear and slow to speak, but it takes practice. During this challenge, I admit I often failed to practice this desired trait. But it is amazing to me that when I had, I opened myself to learning about my husband.

Listening is difficult when it seems I have so much to say and so much that I want to communicate to my husband. I also find myself assuming that I know what he's about to say halfway through his sentence, so I begin to formulate my response. Do you do that too?

I pray we will all take the physiological hint the Lord has given us in TWO ears and only ONE mouth - be swift to hear and slow to speak! Listen to your husband and really seek to hear him! Like me, you might be surprised that you DIDN'T know what he was going to say and you might learn something new about him!

God bless you!

0 comments: