Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

6:50 AM

Practicing A Little Frugality

So I know I have NOT been practicing my frugal shopping habits for at least the last month. But I was inspired by an interview with the author of "Miserly Moms" - Jonni McCoy. So I decided since we had not done our grocery shopping yet, I would practice one of her tips that I had not done before. "Shop Loss Leaders".


Grocery stores put out ads each week that include a few items that they "lose money" on because they want you to come in and buy the rest of your grocery list at their store. I admit, I like my "one-stop shopping" mentality, but I decided to peruse the ads and see if I could create my meal plan around the loss leaders advertised in various stores. I have to say I was pretty impressed. With only one coupon, I bought almost two weeks worth of groceries for our family and spent $88.46. It's only Wednesday and I don't have to do any grocery shopping until Friday the 30th! :D


That is a huge savings compared to the $150.00 per week we have been spending on groceries. I can only imagine if I were to go back to collecting and clipping my coupons what I could save! :D Woo whooo! But for now, I'll take my $88.46 and be happy with it!

0 comments: