Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

7:06 PM

Poem: Burden of My Heart

The burden of myheart grows heavy
It weighs my spirit down
This burden I cannot bear
It's chains are all around

I long to know its name
I wish it would rest
To lay it in another place
Oh I'd be so blessed

But I somehow carry on
without an end in sight
longing for a rescue
from the darkness of this plight

Yet a lesson to be learned
from each and every place
a road of teaching to travel
a journey about His grace

This burden of my heart grows heavy
I struggled to carry on
Darkness wraps me tightly
I pray to see the dawn

But in light of no reprieve
I settle in His arms
and ask again to realize
all my lack of charms

For what other reason
Would a loving God bring
a wilderness experience
a heart of suffering

Than to teach His precious child
the tenderness of Grace
to hold her in His arms
and look into her face

Reminding her of love
so deep and long and wide
that bears each bit of burden
when in Him she does abide

Yes, this burden of my heart grows heavy
Indeed the chains are long
But my God is mighty in power
My Savior is very strong

He'll overcome this heartache
He will see me through
To the other side of darkness
where skies are clear and blue

Where my burden will be lifted
My tears wiped clean away
Where the dark of the night
becomes the dawn of day

The burden of my heart grows heavy
It weighs my spirit down
But it will not have the victory
Because His love abounds

0 comments: