Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

9:13 PM

Godly Counsel

The bible tells us there are times when we need to seek the counsel of those who have walked with the Lord longer than we have. I have struggled in my life with counsel. I have often disregarded what probably was very godly and wise counsel and there are times I took too seriously foolish counsel. There have also been times when I received in good and wise counsel. Yet, tonight I am reminded that there are no answers in men, only answers of the Lord (sometimes given through men who speak His word). So no matter what, it ALWAYS comes back to Jesus. It ALWAYS comes back to the basics of my relationship with Him.

That is how I know tonight I received godly and wise counsel because it brought me face to face with my Savior and no one else. My dear friends merely held my hand and walked me back to kneel at His feet. While I do not fully understand why God instituted relationships to work in the vast ways they do, I am grateful for fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that will bring me back to His feet, to His throne that I may cast my cares upon Him.

Thank you Lord for this couple. Thank you for the wisdom they imparted into my life from your word. Thank you that you spoke to me tonight. And reminded me of the simplicity of faith...the simplicity of choices...the simplicity of walking with you. I so complicate things in my life and I thank you that I am often reminded by dear friends about the basics. And getting back to the basics is godly counsel indeed!!

0 comments: