Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

9:01 AM

Today's Prayer: Desperately

Where do I start, Lord, when my heart is so broken? How do I begin to sift through this pain? I know the stain of sin darkens my heart today, and yet I seem to hold fast to my resolve not to look at it. I pretend the stain is of blood shed in this recent attack. But not all the pain was inflicted by the enemy, now was it? Some of this pain comes from my depravity ... the consequences of living in the confines of sinful flesh.

I need to experience your freedom Father. You promise the truth will set me free, but I know there is no one...not even me, who seeks you or your righteousness. Your word is righteousness, and I know I cannot seek it and do not seek it. So please help me. Lift me from the miry clay...save me from the traps that have ensnared and wounded me.

I am lost, scared, hurt, and wounded. I need you Lord...desperately.

0 comments: