Beautiful Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli

6:09 AM

Me and My Heavenly Daddy

How I love the Lord and His Word! I have begun to realize lately that I have been operating a pretty high stress level. To even begin sorting through all the reasons why in itself is a task that overwhelms and dismays me further. But I have been trying to find a way to bring that stress level down. Slight depression and extreme irritability are not my friends! So while I sat at the table this morning, I cried out to the Lord with the anguish of heavy weights on my shoulders. And isn't just like my tender and personal Father to faithfully answer with just what I need? Oh indeed it is.

The living and breathing Word lept from the pages of my bible and brought a peace in the midst of the chaos that has been reigning lately. He knew exactly what to say and how to guide me. He knew exactly how to comfort me. How I love Him for being that way! How I love Him for being so personal...so tender...so infinite, yet right there in that moment with me...so kind and gentle.

What an incredible God I have! And I'm very much looking forward to tonight when I get to spend some more quality time with Him. My husband has a guy's night out, my brother is going with him and my son is off to grandma's! I'll be visiting a friend and then home to sit in the quiet of the evening...just me and My Heavenly Daddy! I can hardly wait!

0 comments: